Suggest a Nominee for the Walk of Fame!
The following are some guidelines to keep in mind when putting a name forward:
1. Need to be founder or equivalent of a company.
2. At least one company became worth $1 billion in today’s dollars.
3. Was the CEO or equivalent for the majority of the company’s growth.
4. The walk seeks to honor entrepreneurs that were innovative.
5. Teams are eligible if the selection committee determines that the entrepreneurial leadership and execution was intractably integrated for the high-growth period of the company.
6. The prospective honoree should have a story that has positively inspired others and enjoys public respect.
7. The Walk of Fame is about the entrepreneur who took the risk and created the jobs – not the investor, the ideas person, the inventor, a great advisor, etc.
8. The entrepreneur’s contributions have had a lasting effect – e.g. created many sustainable high-value jobs, a new generation of entrepreneurs, a new industry.
These guidelines are subject to an annual review.